Opening a Coffee Business (2days) - Calgary
Class Times: Day 1 from 10am to 6pm and Day 2 from 10am to 5pm. Lunch is included
Prerequisite: No prior experience required
This course is a combination of lecture, group discussion, cupping coffee, tasting workshop and activities, all of which are designed to help you critically think through the process of opening your own cafe.
- Franchises good or bad (if you are considering buying a franchise you need to take this course)
- Building a Business Plan and Profit & Loss Statement
- Finding a location
- Controls including beverages, food, cash, inventory & payroll
- Choosing your Suppliers / Roaster
- Purchasing Equipment
- Staff Training & Fostering a Barista Culture
Maximum Class Size: Limited to 6 per instructor.
Please note, there is a minimum class enrolment for the course at our Calgary Campus. We will give you 7 days notice. At that time you can choose between a full refund or re-scheduled to the next available date.
Classes include printed take-away material.
Class attendees receive a certificate of completion from the Canadian Barista and Coffee Academy.